Justice and Maria got married over a year ago~ a day before Ryan and me. A few weeks back I had a random idea to get ahold of them and see if they wanted to model for me because I was itching to do a fashion-y ( is that a word?) day after type session and I didn't want to wait until after my 2008 brides get married. Well, to make a long story short(er) Justice told me his wife had been praying since they got married for another opportunity to do pictures.. she had no idea I was wanting someone to model and I had no idea she wanted new pictures really badly. How cool is that? And I got to make her wishes come true and help capture hot wedding pictures. (Such agony I tell you!) We shot at union station and Olvera street. Justice and Maria were like two high school kids making out even when they weren't supposed to be, which in my world, is always a good thing. I wish them 50+ years of making out and not being able to keep their hands off each other! Thanks guys for a great shoot and being such hot models.. And thank you Erik for coming along and being my assistant. (Aka bag/flower/scarf holder). And.. without further ado...
Justice and Maria...
We pulled over on the side of the road because I just had to shoot here~
Isn't the room and light just classic ?
Justice brought "Michael jackson" hats for props...
and .. these two.. are my favorite....
I read this on Punam Bean's blog and had to share it.
This is a quote from a commencement speech given by Steve Jobs to the students at Stanford, class of 2005:
You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on.
As this year is wrapping up all I can say is I am so excited to see what the future holds~ as a photographer, friend and wife. I have a wonderful man I wake up beside each morning and get to share my days with. My husband is my best friend. I have family and friends that I really and truly love and am so thankful to have in my life. (They say your friends reflect who you are and if that is even half way true in my life, I would be overjoyed.) My friend and family are so giving, so full of life.. they make the world a better place with each breath they take... they are beauty in it's truest form. And what can I say about my work as a photographer? I have a (soon to be full time ) job that allows me to be me~ to be creative and to stretch and think as an individual and an artist. Photography allows me to capture the beauty around me and freeze memories in time. Could it get any better then this? I will know perhaps in a year.. maybe ten~ only God knows what lays ahead. Yet, even though the future is unclear I know this: if you aren't content with your life, don't settle. Never, ever settle. Because once you find it, you know.. and life becomes a glorious dance...
On Tuesday it was Bradley's 21st birthday. His mom rented out the Marilyn Monroe suite at the Roosevelt Hotel in downtown Hollywood. Then she got together a list of his friends and invited them all... ( who just happen to be mostly made up of models/singers/actor/actress hopefuls~ so, in essence, beautiful people.) She had an open bar set up in the suite and trays of mini pizza's and burgers were the main course. *this also earned her the "your mom is the coolest" award* She flew in from Maryland for the event. And Brad.... had no idea. I got to be there to capture it all...
his "what's going on?" expression
He hugged his mom for a good two minutes when he first saw her.
Brad and his four friends call themselves "the good ol' boys"... and so, accordingly, his roommate made matching tie dyed shirts..
Brad and Angela, (who recommended me~ thank you again! )
The "good ol' boys" inspired cake
And Bradley, just being himself~
Posted by Abigail Q at 7:31 PM
So today we're having a sunday funday~ movies and food and making out! ;) Oh~ and also involving going to Sammy's and getting me the 580 ex flash ! I'm super duper excited, because even though I totally prefer natural light, sometimes natural isn't enough~ and besides, I've really wanting to do a night photo shoot! So be prepared~ lots of trying-out-flash pictures to come! Yea for days off! And hot husbands!
Ever made a wish list.. like a real true wish list... all the outlandish things that you know you won't get but really and truly think would make the best presents ever? Well, I made one of those lists last night while I was bored at work. And just remember, if any of my friends out there is independently wealthy and would like to make all my dreams come true... you may buy me a fantasy present! After all, to say no to a present is just rude.
Fantasy Wish List :
1) A pony. Or more precisely, the smallest horse in the world. Her name is thumballina. And I realllllllly want one like her. Or her. The thing is thumballina tours the world making sick kids happy and if i owned her i would keep her to myself and carry her around in my pocket ... so there would be lots of sad sick kids. But I would get noticed.I mean, common, who's going to say no to someone holding a horse? I mean, i could be, like, superwomen. Powerful. A force to be reckoned with.
2) In conjunction with the last wish list I would like to own a city. Town. Country. Paris would do. Pretty much I just want to be ruler of something and have people fear me. And make naps mandatory. For the grown ups. Then we might actually get world peace.... hmmm...
3) Jewelry. Of any kind. Diamonds are a girls best friend. But what they don't tell you is girls have more them one best friend... as in, sapphire, emerald, pearl.. pretty much if it sparkles and was lots of money, we're bound to be friends. But then again, if I owned my own country I could just re instate a bandit of pirates to capture all the jewels in the land....
4) A Chanel bag. As in the black one with the chain straps... it doubles as a weapon in times of need and is oh so fashionable in the process.
5) A zonkey. Same basic idea as number 1... I would name him martin. And we would be bestest friends...
Whats on your Christmas (fantasy) list?
How many visits:
This is me....
- Abigail Q
- LA county, California, United States
- I am married to an amazing man named Ryan. He is the love of my life and my best friend. As of January 2008 I officially started my own photography business, Beloise Photography. I picked the name because it is something that doesn't exist.... something that i wanted to sum up into a word but couldn't. It is the smell of fresh cut grass and hide and seek in the dark. It is a new pair of fabulous shoes. It is fall and all its glory... starry summer nights. Apple cider and fresh picked flowers. Beloise is all that you taste, touch, see and love dearly. The smells that trigger childhood memory's. All your favorite things in one word. A song that speaks to your soul. Sublime happiness. A field of daisy's. Firefly's. Mistletoe. City lights. The smell of homemade cookies. The first snow.... Beloise is about cherishing life. Savoring the moments. Breathing deeply.... and just living...