We'd been wanting to see the Quiz side of the family for a few months and finally got a few days off last week. So we hopped a plane to WY for some good food and family time. ( and in case anyone missed it my husband has 12 kids in his family. 6 of who still live at home.)
I'm so far behind blogging and trying to catch up, thus,
Bags lost there
Bags lost on the way back
- chased a moose through a swamp with Steven and Ry trying to get a good picture.. Note the trying.
- Bought a 10 lb bag of hot tamales' for the trip. And jellybellys. And sour patch kids and hoho's and chips ahoy cookies and cream soda and chips... and yea. No judgment. First of all, I didn't do the buying. Second, we took carrots too. And third, when your in a car for 12 hours searching for wildlife, what else are you going to do? We seriously had so much junk food that all 10 of us ate the entire time and we still had loads of candy and cookies left over... ummm, yea.
- saw a mom bear and her 2 cubs. ( and I won the slap bet! woot!)
- saw bubbling paint? It was pretty cool. Very land before time-ish.
- had old faithful spray us when it shot up. yes, I have tasted a national landmark. ;)
- Got reallllly close to a buffalo. ( Did I mention you're supposed to stay 45 feet away? We're rebels us Quiz's. )
- And last but not least played the story game. You know, where one person starts, and then the next person adds a sentence. Well, I was feeling all wilderness- y and envisioned a hunting story so I start.
"I always wanted to buy a gun"
Ryan "and so I did."
April "and I shot my sister." (what the-? )
Josh "and that's why I'm in a maximum security prison." (getting darker by the second)
Mom Quiz " I'm not supposed to squirt my sister with a water-gun and so thats why I'm grounded to my bedroom thats like a prison. "
We all died laughing. Leave it to a mom to change the story to being happy and G rated. Unfortunately, Stevie was next and the sister died again...
The time was short, but sweet.
How many visits:
This is me....
- Abigail Q
- LA county, California, United States
- I am married to an amazing man named Ryan. He is the love of my life and my best friend. As of January 2008 I officially started my own photography business, Beloise Photography. I picked the name because it is something that doesn't exist.... something that i wanted to sum up into a word but couldn't. It is the smell of fresh cut grass and hide and seek in the dark. It is a new pair of fabulous shoes. It is fall and all its glory... starry summer nights. Apple cider and fresh picked flowers. Beloise is all that you taste, touch, see and love dearly. The smells that trigger childhood memory's. All your favorite things in one word. A song that speaks to your soul. Sublime happiness. A field of daisy's. Firefly's. Mistletoe. City lights. The smell of homemade cookies. The first snow.... Beloise is about cherishing life. Savoring the moments. Breathing deeply.... and just living...